Friday, August 31, 2012

Death by Ruffles

Last Labor Day weekend, Taylor went out of town to see his family while I stayed behind to work over the weekend. I was not very happy about the arrangement, but I decided to make the best of it and knock out a couple of crafts while I was busy doing nothing else.

My first attempt was what looked like a very straight forward and simple t-shirt refashion. Take a white tee, cut the bottom off and use it as a ruffle to sew onto the top. Then, cut one of the sleeves off and boom. You have a one shouldered, ruffle shirt. 


Except that you really don't. This project was such a disaster. I painstakingly sewed and resewed that dadgum ruffle so many times, but it never looked right. And once I had cut the sleeve off to make it one shouldered, I was left with a giant gaping hole. I tried sewing that up to make it more fitted, but it was still too low. The shape was all wrong and in the end, it just looks like a homemade shirt. 

I took a picture of it and had it on my computer for a while but I guess since it was such a disaster, I deleted it. 

Verdict: Just don't.

2 comments:

  1. Cannot stop laughing. If you ever find that picture, I have to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary! This is the first time I'm seeing your Pinterest blog! Love it! :) And this is hysterical....

    ReplyDelete