Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Pickles (Sort Of)

My first recipe! I'm starting at the bottom of my Pinterest page and working my way up.

Oven Baked Garlic Fries 
(You'll notice the title of this post and the title of the recipe are different. I'll get to that in a minute...)

Some of these recipes are from our time in Del Rio. This is one of them. I used the boys as guinea pigs to my attempts at baking and cooking. This was on of my first attempts and luckily it turned out pretty well. Which is good because it doesn't take many failures at something for me to completely give up on it.

I have a really bad habit of skim-reading. I frequently pick up Sour Cream instead of Cream Cheese at the store, buy strawberry-banana yogurt instead of strawberry, and in the case of this recipe, I looked at the picture and thought they were baked pickles instead of potato chips. So I bought lots of pickles.

It ended up not being a problem and I just watched them closely and took them out of the oven once they were brownish.

Pros:

  • They were fantastic! (Which is really all that matters)

Cons:

  • I used an entire jar of pickles and the boys devoured them in record time. Kind of a lot of work for not much output. (I count work as preparation, assembly, wait time, and cleanup)
  • The parmesan didn't stick to the pickles. An expensive decoration if you ask me.
  • Parsley is always useless.

Verdict:



I think I will make these again. Like I said, I didn't get a lot of results for the work but what we did eat was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment